After two difficult years, Holly Smith, managing editor of the California Southern Baptist, is more convinced than ever of the faithfulness and provision of God.
Smith’s father died in November 2012; she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013 and underwent subsequent surgery and chemotherapy; and her mother died in December 2014.
“Through it all, God showed His incredible faithfulness through wonderful friends and workmates, who supported me every step of the way,” Smith says. “He never let me want for anything, even in the less-than-wonderful days of chemo and losing both parents.”
Coming up on her 25th anniversary with CSBC, Smith actually has been around the Convention much longer than that, as her mother worked in the Sunday school department and for the Annuity Board (now GuideStone Financial Resources) from the time Smith was a toddler.
“God is so good to have allowed me to grow up in this lovely environment. I am grateful every day for my `job,’ which is ministry with the bonus of a paycheck, and for the opportunity to use my gifts in service to Him.”
Holly’s prayer requests:
- Pray that the Lord will continue to provide news and stories for publication that will encourage and uplift California Southern Baptists.
- Pray that the Lord will continue to guide the newspaper staff when making decisions.
- Pray for generous giving to the California Mission Offering and the Cooperative Program.
- Pray for God's touch as Holly continues to heal.
- Praise God for His great faithfulness.
- Praise God for His daily presence as we work on the California Southern Baptist.
- Praise God for bringing His light to the people of California.
Did you know?
The California Southern Baptist is published monthly as a Cooperative Program ministry of California Southern Baptist Convention. The CSB presents God at work around the state.
A new digital edition of the paper was launched in May, and is available for just $5 per year; the print piece is still $9.50 for a year. Group subscriptions are 66 cents per address per month for the print edition; cost for the E-dition is on a sliding scale based on worship attendance.
Subscribe online at www.csbc.com/csb or send address information with a check payable to CSBC to the California Southern Baptist, 678 E. Shaw Avenue, Fresno CA 93710; or call 559-229-9533, ext. 225. Send news submissions and digital pictures to the above address or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holly’s contact information
Managing Editor, The CSB
678 E. Shaw Avenue
Fresno CA 93710-7704
E-mail Holly Smith