Church Starting Government Documents

If you are in the process of starting a church, you have six government documents to fill out. These documents will :

  • keep you from paying unnecessary taxes
  • keep you in compliance with various government agencies
  • keep you from being in “suspended” status.

Failure to fill out these government documents could cause you a lot of effort to put right.

Click on the documents below to get started:

  1. Introduction to Our Becoming New Church Series
  2. Selecting Your Church Name
  3. Articles of Incorporation of a Nonprofit Religious Corporation
  4. Employer Identification Number
  5. Federal Tax Exemptions
  6. How to File Your Statement of Information
  7. State Tax Exemption
  8. Resignation of Agent

For more information contact:

Rod Wiltrout
Church Finance Specialist & GuideStone State Representative
559.229.9533, x. 258
E-mail Rod Wiltrout

Last Published: September 18, 2013 12:09 AM