Count the Cost Training
Count the Cost is a tool developed by California Southern Baptist Convention Executive Director Bill Agee to help churches being planted or those in need of revitalization find their way as the church they were designed to be.
The training is based on Luke 14:28 - "For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it—"
Those who would benefit from the training include:
- Potential Church Planters
- Existing Church Planters
- Facilitators of Church Planting
- Church Planting Congregations
- Leaders of Churches in Need of Revitalization
Those attending the training will learn about:
- God's Call
- Painting the Future Picture of Your Church
- Developing a "Count the Cost" Plan for Your Church
- Engaging Partners for Your Church
- Issues That Can "Sink Your Ship"
- What to Introduce to Your Church Today so the Church Can Touch the World Tomorrow
Two of the greatest deliverables from completing a "Count the Cost" plan are:
- A month-to-month breakdown of where God can take you on this journey; and
- A growth plan, based on projections, detailing how many relationships must be established and when, and how many church leaders must to be trained for service and when.
Agee said this plan is comprehensive so "nothing catches you by surprise, you can see the numbers from start to finish." He added the plan also reveals what "your role is in making things happen throughout the process."
The two-day training event will begin at 1 p.m. on February 5 and conclude by noon on Tuesday, February 6. Dinner is included in the $10 registration fee which is non-refundable.
Deadline for registering for the event is January 31.