Gather the women in your church and have a time of crafting with a purpose. This event is designed to involve your women in ministry and mission through crafts.
Attach a card with all the information to a small M & M candy package.
Anything related to M & M candy.
Prepare a bowl or other container with M&Ms and have something to scoop out M&Ms or use a large spoon. Have each woman take a scoop of M&Ms from the bowl and whichever color she has the most of will determine the question to answer. Form smaller groups to answer questions if necessary.
- Red: Tell about a craft project you are currently working on.
- Green: Tell about a craft project that you never finished.
- Yellow: What craft project are you most proud of?
- Orange: What kind of craft would you like to learn how to do?
- Blue: How many times have you been to a craft store this month?
- Brown: How many craft fairs have you been to this year?
- Explain that a ministry project is directed to church members and a mission project is directed to those outside the church that you are trying to share the gospel with. Every Christian should be involved in both ministry and missions.
- Choose at least one ministry and one mission project and provide all materials needed to complete projects.
- Prepare samples of projects and have someone ready to lead each craft.
- Contact someone to give a testimony of how they used their crafting to show God’s love.
- Include a time of prayer for those who will receive your crafts.
- Brainstorm other ways crafts can be used in ministry and missions.
Ministry Project Ideas:
- Cards: get well, encouragement, sympathy, birthday send to members.
- Cookie Mix: put in decorative container and include recipe. Give to a single mom or someone who needs some encouragement.
- Dry Soup Mix: put into a Ziploc bag wrap in a bandana and attach to a wooden spoon include card with recipe for making soup. Give to a member who recently was in the hospital, single mom or family who needs encouragement.
- Candy Wrapper: design for different occasions.
Mission Projects Ideas:
- Boo-Boo Bunny: give to crisis pregnancy center, preschools or new moms.
- Comfort pillow: give to surgical patients.
- Preemie Gown: give to hospital or to a new mom of a preemie.
- Comfort Cap: give to hospital for cancer patients or a chemo clinic.
- Doll: go to www.womenonmission.com for dolls and mission information.
- Lap Quilts or Afghans: give to nursing homes.
- Baby Blankets: give to crisis pregnancy centers.
- Include some type of card identifying who you are and why you are doing this project (to show God’s love in a practical way, God loves you).
- Search the internet for information on these projects and others.
- Check with agencies to make sure they would welcome your craft. Ask for suggestions for what they need.
- You are representing Jesus - insist on quality items.