Starting in June, a monthly Compliance Corner column will run in the CSB (California Southern Baptist) newsjournal,
This column will explore issues that confront churches in California. Compliance is not a one-size-fits-all experience. Each church operates in its own way, yet all churches have common responsibilities.
For instance, if churches take on matters such as payroll and provide employees with paychecks and stubs that are not compliant under California law, violations can result in fines of up to $4,000 per employee.
Here are the latest Compliance Corner columns:
- January 2018 - Training to ensure safety for children
- February 2018 - Vision Insurance Coverage
- March 2018 - Appropriate employee classification
- June 2017 - Unauthorized immigrant compensation
- July 2017 - Ficticious Business Name
- August 2017 - Cell Phone Tower leases
- September 2017 - Churches and lawsuits
- October 2017 - New strategic partners help churches with accounting and insurance
- November 2017 - Worker's Compensation in California
- December 2017 - Personnel Handbook help available
Other articles about compliance:
- Aplos accounting software for churches
- CSBC Health Plan
- Personnel Handbook
- Minimum Wage increase July 1
- Automatic External Debribillator (AED)
- Filing Statement of Information with state of California Secretary of State
- New labor law posters required for 2018
- Is your church keeping up on compliance with California labor law?