Starting in June, a monthly Compliance Corner column will run in the CSB (California Southern Baptist) newsjournal,
This column will explore issues that confront churches in California. Compliance is not a one-size-fits-all experience. Each church operates in its own way, yet all churches have common responsibilities.
For instance, if churches take on matters such as payroll and provide employees with paychecks and stubs that are not compliant under California law, violations can result in fines of up to $4,000 per employee.
Here are the latest Compliance Corner columns:
- June 2017 - Unauthorized immigrant compensation
- July 2017 - Ficticious Business Name
- August 2017 - Cell Phone Tower leases
- September 2017 - Churches and lawsuits
- October 2017 - Challenges of workers' compensation for church employees, independent contractors and volunteers
Other articles about compliance: