CSBC has partnered with two highly recommended property and liability insurance organizations already serving a number of our member churches.
- Church Mutual Insurance Company is a traditional carrier offering discounted rates and allows churches to pick and choose their coverages.
- The other is Ministry Pacific which, together with Great American Insurance Company, has created a property & liability group plan for Southern Baptist churches designed to provide comprehensive policies with preset coverages based on present day exposures at discounted rates which may be beneficial for many CSBC churches.
Present Day Church Exposures:
- Past California fires confirmed what the insurance industry and many of our churches already knew: church buildings are frequently undervalued as a way to reduce premiums. Unfortunately, this can compromise the financial well-being of the church. Ministry Pacific uses state-of-the-art building valuation software to provide updated reconstruction valuations.
- Church shootings are not going away and as churches decide whether to “arm” their security teams, mandatory risk management procedures may be required to ensure coverage remains in force.
- Freedom of Religious Expression coverage is paramount when it comes to our churches exercising their religious freedoms as it relates to same sex marriages.
- Given this environment, having Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability coverage is critically important. One church insurance agency/carrier is offering Directors and Officers Liability coverage that may actually restrict or eliminate prior coverage for your church leadership.
The predetermined comprehensive coverage offered by the Ministry Pacific/Great American Insurance Company Plan may be something to consider in preparing a budget for 2019. It costs nothing to obtain a quote for comparison to your current policy which may be a “pick and choose” type policy. The results may even surprise you.
Both insurance companies are reputable and worthy of your consideration. The decision to request a quote from either or both, is yours to make.
CSBC simply recommends churches perform their due diligence, comparing coverages and costs, and, above all else, making sure churches have the necessary coverages to meet its specific needs. There are no “one-size-fits-all” insurance products.
For more information, contact:
|Church Mutual||Southern California||949.852.8558|
|CSBC Insurance Services||Statewide||559.256.0858|