California Women’s Ministries & Missions assists churches to encourage women to respond to God's love for the world. We desire to strengthen work with and for women by focusing on five areas of ministry: prayer, discipleship, missions, evangelism and leadership development. Our California WM & M team works with partnering ministries such as Woman's Missionary Union, LifeWay Christian Resources, the International Mission Board and the North American Mission Board to fulfill our purpose.
Tapestry is one of the ways we focus on the women in our CSBC churches. Tapestry is a two-day event with one purpose: celebrating God’s amazing love through the diversity of the women in our churches. It is planned just for women from our diverse and unique churches across the state. Because California is so vast we strive to host Tapestry in different locations each year. We invite talented and gifted conference leaders, speakers and worship leaders to bless, encourage and challenge us as we come together to worship the One who created us.
Our prayer is that all sessions will enable women to be better equipped to make a difference in their community, family, church or workplace. Well-qualified facilitators are enlisted to deliver quality seminars and relevant, interactive workshops.
We partner with the host church to offer mission/ministry projects to serve the local community, and assist the host church in engaging with their neighbors and showing the love of Christ.
Missionaries share experiences on the mission field, as well as offering opportunities for women and their churches to partner with various projects.
Priorities of CSBC Women’s Ministries & Missions incorporated into Tapestry include:
- Encouraging women to become prayer warriors
- Equipping leaders to be godly women of influence
- Educating women to learn about missions through
- Strengthening the work of the local church and edifying Christ
- Evangelistic education to encourage women to share Christ in all circles of life
- Educating women to be biblically literate by becoming disciples and making disciples
Tapestry is usually held in the spring in two or more locations; however, mini-one-day Tapestry events may be held at different times in more outlying regions in a desire to bring a Tapestry event and resources to women.
In 2018 the following Tapestry events are scheduled:
- March 23-24 at First Baptist Church, Hesperia
- April 13-14 at First Baptist Church, Fair Oaks
- (Mini-Tapestry) April 21, Gold Coast Association