Private mini prayer retreat
Facing a big decision or difficult relationship and need God’s direction and touch? Life is pressing you hard, too busy to get a way but you need this desperately. Take just an hour for refreshment from the Lord’s touch alone to change your life.
- 1 small tea light and match
- Bible (no other reading material)
- Private, quiet place
- Allot 1 hour of time for NO interruptions.
- Find your “closet” space ( a corner of your favorite room, backyard picnic table, or parking lot with a view).
- Settle down to focus on prayer time by lighting your votive.
- First phase - Breathe deep breaths. Sing or hum your favorite hymn or praise tune. Stare into the flame reflecting on who God is. Meditate on His awesome love, power, strength, His promises. Confess your unworthiness to be His child, His instrument. Proclaim your love for Him, your desire to be obedient. Pour your heart out to Him. Tell Him alone all that you carry deep inside.
- Second phase - Now REST. Breathe deep. Listen. Listen. Listen to His word. Let God speak to you as your read the Bible. Ask for Him to reveal HIS answers to you. Listen to nature. Listen to the still small voice inside you, and then listen some more. Listen and do not get up to leave until your tea light has finished it’s flame.
Just an hour. An hour to change your heart attitude, your direction for perhaps a lifetime. Take time to know your God and be Holy!
Last Published: March 26, 2009 11:48 PM