The purpose of the California Southern Baptist Men's Ministries mobile medical unit is to minister to people who need physical help, in the name of Jesus Christ. It is our belief that people are more willing to hear the "Good News" when they are physically able to do so.
The mobile medical unit is equipped with two examination tables and an office area. The unit is equipped with some medical equipment.
The mobile medical unit is primarily used for disaster relief, inner-city ministries and migrant ministries. It is also available for associations, churches and other agencies to use for community outreach.
Here are a few things to remember when reserving the mobile medical unit:
- Please read the mobile medical unit manual before reserving the unit. Click here to download the manual (note: this page may take several minutes to load) or contact the Men's Ministries office to receive a copy. It is best to reserve the unit six months to one year before the event date.
- To reserve the unit, contact the Men's Ministries office. Once the date is confirmed, you will need to mail in a $200 reservation to secure the mobile medical unit for your event date. The $200 deposit is refundable only if you cancel eight weeks prior to the event date.
- The cost for using the mobile medical unit is: $1 per mile (round trip), $5 per patient, $3 per hour for generator usage and meals/lodging for the Mobile Medical Unit. The $200 deposit will be deducted from the total bill.
- You are responsible for supplying the medical doctors for your event.
- Each doctor is required to supply CSBC with a malpractice insurance certificate prior to the event.
Click here to read a news article about the mobile medical unit from The California Southern Baptist.
For more information, contact one of the following:
Mobile Units Drive Coordinator
Volunteer Mobilization Specialist
559.229.9533 x. 246
E-mail Mike Bivins